In May and June 2021, Absiskey Polska will organize a series of free online workshops for all interested Polish participants, during which introduced them to the use of Earth Observation data.
During the workshop, solutions implemented under the SnapEarth project related to climate, agriculture and food safety will also be presented..
The workshop will also familiarize the participants with the Copernicus Program, which is the flagship initiative of the European Commission and the European Space Agency and also the largest Space Program in the world. It is a mine of knowledge, data, maps and services. Millions of users in Europe actively use these websites and often build their own products and commercial websites on their basis.
The series of workshops will include 5 meetings during which wll be discussed:
- How to easily use satellite data? - During the first workshop, participants will learn the basic issues related to satellite data. Additionally, participants will get acquainted with the SnapEarth project. The workshop will take place on May 12, 2021.
- How to monitor land use and land cover changes? - During the workshop, databases on land cover classification, identification of crop species and types of forests will be presented, as well as color compositions, indicators and tools enabling independent monitoring of changes using satellite data. The workshop will take place on May 19, 2021.
- How to monitor cities using satellite data? - On the basis of satellite indicators and color compositions, methods of determining the biologically active surface, calculating albedo, object classification and monitoring the surface temperature in cities will be presented, the participants will be familiarise with the topic of the workshop. During the workshop, participants will be also familiarise with the use of the EO Browser. The workshop will take place on May 26, 2021.
- How to monitor agricultural production using satellite data? - Participants will get acquinted with satellite indicators enabling the study of the condition of crops, water content in plants, detection of water stagnation, evaluation of the effectiveness of agrotechnical treatments as well as the potential risk of drought for crops. The workshop will take place on June 9, 2021 and covered the subject of the EarthAgriculture and EarthFoodSeciurity pilot.
- How to monitor air quality using satellite data? - During the workshop, participants will learn what tools, databases and ready-made reports and products offer the Copernicus service dedicated to monitoring the atmosphere and climate change. The workshop will take place on June 16, 2021 and covered the subject of the EarthClimat pilot.
More information about the event: www.space-hub.pl